This recipe is perfect for a different Fire Element salad this Summer.
Fresh small carrots are sweet and less woody than regular carrots.
- 12 small carrots peeled and quartered
- 1 red onion peeled and chopped into eighths
- 1/2 unwaxed lemon quartered
- 2 tsp smoked sweet paprika
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbs macadamia oil
- 1 clove of garlic grated
- salt to taste
- 1 400 g tin of organic chickpeas drained
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup rocket
- 1/3 cup dates halved and finely diced
- 1 tbs slivered almonds toasted
- 1/2 cup yoghurt pomegranate molasses
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Pop your carrots, red onion and lemon in a bowl along with the spices, olive oil, salt and garlic. Toss well to coat evenly. Spread out evenly on the deep baking tray and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender and slightly caramelised.
- Set aside to cool and then toss in the chickpeas ensure to coat them in that great spiced oil.
- Place the spinach and rocket in your favourite salad plate and pop the carrots and chickpeas on top. Sprinkle with dates and almonds then serve with a side dish of swirled with yummy pomegranate molasses.